Friday, April 6, 2012

Fun Zebra Print Birthday

April 6, 2012
For my niece's 5th birthday party, I decided to surprise her with the design of the cake. Since the party had to be held on a Friday evening and I had to work all week, I didn't have time to do an elaborate 2 or 3 tier cake that she is accustomed to nor did I want to travel a couple hours with a multi-tiered cake; however, I still wanted to make it fun and beautiful. The entire cake is edible except for the silver ribbon around the top of the cake and surprisingly, the kids actually seemed to enjoy the fondant covering. Mischa loves animal prints, so I thought she'd really enjoy the zebra print theme of this cake. It turned out great and since the cake was chocolate, I also made some vanilla/cream cheese frosting cake pops as an extra treat =)