Saturday, May 26, 2012

Fenway Park Birthday Cake

May 26, 2012


This cake was made for a little boy's 9th birthday who is a big Boston Red Sox fan, so obviously a Fenway Park cake was the only way to go. The boy's older brother requested a cake and I'm sure he was a bit hesitant when I referred to the "Green Monster" as a "person" rather than a "thing" =) But, thanks to him, I did my homework and made sure the cake was as true to form as a cake could be....from the color of the stadium seating to the placement of the signs and of course, the one and only Green Monster!! (which was a must!) The cake is chocolate covered in fondant with mostly all fondant details and decorations. And, most importantly, I'm now more educated on Fenway Park than I could have ever possibly imagined or wished! :)